At St Paul Apostle South, we believe Mathematics is a key life skill and therefore a priority learning area. All students can be successful mathematicians. Our goal is to create an environment that promotes a love of maths, encourages risk taking with high expectations for all students.
We aim to provide:
- quality opportunities for all children to experience success
- a contemporary approach to the teaching of Mathematics
- focussed, explicit teaching to allow all children to succeed in maths
- specific materials and resources to support all students in their mathematical learning
- ongoing, authentic feedback for all learners
- pre and post testing to assess the strengths and challenges of every individual child
- opportunities for all students to explain their mathematical thinking and understandings.
At St Paul Apostle South, we are working towards all students becoming independent mathematical thinkers and problem solvers.