St Paul Apostle South is committed to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment that recognises and caters for the different academic, artistic, cultural, health and pastoral needs of our students. Our aim is that students from our school will make positive choices and be self-disciplined, resilient, confident, creative, passionate and compassionate individuals who care for each other.
Social, emotional, spiritual and physical wellbeing underpins effective student learning and positive behaviour management. Student wellbeing is everyone’s responsibility and a shared concern. A positive school culture and classroom environment ensures that students feel valued and cared for, so that they can connect, succeed and thrive in all settings.
At St Paul Apostle South School a number of programs and activities help teachers support our student’s physical, social, spiritual and emotional wellbeing…
- S.E.L. – Social Emotional Learning where lessons are targeted to promote positive health and resilient behaviours.
- S.R.C – Student Representative Council where student voice is actively encouraged
- Start Up program at the beginning of each year – targeted at getting to know each other and building positive classroom relationships
- Kids Matter – provides the methods, tools and support proven to make a positive difference to the lives of children by nurturing happy, balanced kids
- The Wonder of Living – years 3-6
- Harmony Day
- ESmart – cyber safety
- Anti Bullying awareness
- Better Buddies program
- Responsible Pet Ownership
- Water Safety
- Road Safety Education
- Transition Programs
- Public Speaking
- Responsible use of medicines and other drugs
- Life Education
- On Psych Counselling
- And many more…